What Are Terpenes?
Terpenes are a large class of organic compounds produced by a wide variety of plants. Terpenes are naturally present in many of the healthy fruits and vegetables we eat every day. The Hemp plant contains over 100 different types of Terpenes.
Ever wonder where the aroma and flavor of the Hemp Plant comes from? Terpenes provide that unique aroma and flavor in Hemp! That is why we do not use any artificial ingredients or flavors in our products. The nomenclature of certain strains are given due to the varying type of Terpenes they contain.
What are the Benefits of Terpenes?
Terpenes complement cannabinoids to produce the Entourage effect, which makes for a high quality CBD product. This effect occurs when multiple parts of the hemp plant combine to boost the health benefits of cannabinoids. This is why Terpenes have become a critical area for scientific research to understand the exact mechanism and benefit in the human body. Terpenes create a synergistic effect with phytocannabinoids, increasing their therapeutic value and helping to improve the quality of life for people who struggle with issues such as:
What are the Most Beneficial Terpenes?
There are nine prominent Terpenes in the Hemp Plant that may provide additional benefits:
- Myrcene. Also found in Mangoes, myrcene is known for its relaxing nature and aids sleep quality and muscle recovery.
- Caryophyllene. Also found in black pepper, cloves, and cinnamon, caryophyllene is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and helps with stress, muscle recovery, and digestion.
- Pinene. Also found in pine needles, rosemary, basil, and eucalyptus, pinene provides energy and improved breathability, focus, and attention.
- Limonene. Also found in citrus fruits such as oranges, limes, and lemons, limonene helps to improve mood, energy, and digestion.
- Linalool. Also found in lavender and jasmine, linalool is a relaxing Terpene that helps relieve stress and improve sleep quality.
- Terpinolene. Also found in apples, terpinolene has a mildly sedative effect. It is used as an antioxidant and also improves sleep quality and muscle recovery.
- Humulene. Also found in hops, humulene has been known to be beneficial for healthy skin, and aids relaxation and muscle recovery.
- Bisabolol. Also found in chamomile and the Candeia tree, bisabolol is a soothing Terpene that is also used in skin care products, cosmetics and fragrances.
- Ocimene. Also found in mint and parsley, ocimene is known for its pleasant flavor, aroma, and its antioxidant properties.
Can Terpenes Be Harmful?
Terpenes are a 100% natural compound found in plants such as hemp, fruits, and vegetables. CBD Oil products with Terpenes may relax you and relieve stress, pain, or tension, but will not make you high or lead to dependence. According to a clinical report from the World Health Organization, “CBD exhibits no effects indicative of any abuse or dependence potential” and “there is no evidence of public health related problems associated with the use of pure CBD.”
CBD Oil with Terpenes from Synergy Botanicals
All of the CBD products at Synergy Botanicals maintain their quality with high concentrations of naturally present hemp Terpenes. All of our sublingual oil formulations contain different types and amounts of Terpenes to give them that unique aroma, flavor, and desired beneficial effects:
- Full Spectrum CBD Energy Terpenes contain the highest amount of Terpenes Limonene and Pinene, and help with increasing focus, attention, and mood.
- Full Spectrum CBD Relax Terpenes contain the highest amount of the Terpene Linalool, and help with sleep and relieving stress related to anxiety.
- Full Spectrum CBD Recover Terpenes contain the highest amount of the Terpenes myrcene and caryophyllene, and help with sleep and muscle recovery.
Check out our other blog posts for detailed information about each Terpene.