Let CBD Be CBD And Coffee Be Coffee
CBD is being used in just about every kind of food and drink imaginable lately, from burgers to ice cream to beer. CBD infused coffee is becoming particularly popular. Out of the hundreds (if not thousands) of CBD brands out there, we can confidently say that we are one of the few that will honestly tell you NOT to put your CBD in COFFEE. It’s simple. They are beneficial in their own ways but putting them together does not provide any sort of benefit. In fact, it’s less effective than enjoying them separately. That’s why we advise our customers to “LET COFFEE BE COFFEE AND LET CBD BE CBD.”
Don’t Put CBD in Coffee – Here are 5 Reasons Why Not
- They Work Against Each Other. CBD and coffee work in a similar way because they act on the Adenosine receptor in our brain that makes us feel relaxed. They are different because caffeine blocks this receptor (making us feel awake) while CBD increases its activity (making us more relaxed). So in this way, mixing CBD with coffee cancels out the effect.
- It’s Redundant. We all know that the caffeine in coffee is a stimulant. CBD is a mild stimulant and a natural relaxer. You wouldn’t mix coffee and a 5-hour energy drink, why would you do that with CBD? Think about it! There is also no reliable evidence on the effect of mixing CBD with caffeine.
- It’s a Waste of CBD – and Money. CBD is destroyed when exposed to heat, so if you like your coffee hot, you’re wasting good CBD as well as money! Also, when you drink CBD in coffee, most of it will be destroyed in the gut and liver anyway. Our CBD has been carefully formulated by pharmacists and lab tested to be pure and clean, so don’t waste it by adding it to coffee!
- Oil & Water. CBD is an oil. Coffee is 99% water. As the saying goes, oil and water simply do not mix. Also, there is simply no scientific data on water-soluble CBD!
- It Compromises the Quality of the CBD. At Synergy Botanicals, all of our CBD products contain high amounts of naturally present Terpenes which provide benefits as well as giving the CBD its own flavor and taste profile. Putting our CBD in coffee will erase these benefits.
If I Don’t Put CBD in My Coffee, How Should I Take It?
We recommend storing our CBD oil products in a cool dark place, shaking well before use, and placing 0.25 to 1 ML as needed under the tongue for at least 30 seconds until dissolved. CBD oil is best used after a meal to relax in the evening, or after exercising to aid in muscle recovery. When used as intended, CBD oil can help people who struggle with stress, sleep, anxiety, focus, and pain.
While a good cup of coffee can be a great way to start the day, mixing it with CBD oil does a disservice to both. Get the most out of your CBD oil by letting coffee just be coffee.